Saturday, January 02, 2010

Crazy abut Ceramics!


So do you remember that crazy, somewhat greedy, list I left for "Shawn-A-Claus"? We had agreed even before Christmas that he would get me a new camera lens, a photography book, and possibly even sign me up for a class to learn about photography. I knew it wouldn't be under the tree and that was perfectly fine with me. A new laptop? I don't need one and kind of just threw that on the list for that little blog post I wrote. Honestly. I have a mac and a pc. Why would I need a laptop? The new socks? Oh yeah, my boy, Austin, gave me a five-pack. Wasn't that sweet?

And just as sweet was the fact that my dear husband drove down to an area in England lovingly known as "The Potteries" just to buy me some new, beautiful dishes. Actually he purchased a tea set with a cake plate, cake server, tea cups with saucers, cute little spoons, those little teapot shaped thingies that you put used tea bags on, and a water pitcher from Portmeirion called "Botanic Blue." He got a few other little goodies since Braaten and Melanie were with him at the time and said, "Oh, Mom would definitely buy this... this, and... this." Those girlies are so cute!

I had a wonderful Christmas and my husband, as usual, bought me thoughtful gifts that he knew I would love. My kiddos also gave me some lovely things. They get really excited about purchasing just the right things for everyone.




Thanks Shawn-A-Claus!!

7 comments:

Joyce said...

I'm sure I don't need to post that I love your pottery : )

Shannon said...

Thank you for your sweet comment- it was very encouraging! By the way it is so nice to read about familiar english things!

Rachel said...

Those are GORGEOUS! I was wondering if Shawn-a-Claus delivered!!

He & Me + 3 said...

Wow! Carol. Those are just gorgeous dishes. Shawn has great taste. BEautiful

Andrea said...

Beautiful dishes! WOW!!

I have a prayer request on arise 2 write.
andrea

Mocha Momma said...

The pottery is beautiful. What a fine job Shawn-a-clause did.

Have fun with the new camera lense, etc. And have some wonderful tea parties while taking pictures please.

Have a great week,
Nannette

Anonymous said...

That tea set is gorgeous! I love it! I found you from Joyce's blog list from this side of the pond! :)
I have never been to Europe, but would love to go. It sounds amazing!