This canister of yumminess, a staple in our house it seems, was sitting on top of my counter the other day. It brought me back to summer days gone by.
We have about a 100 days, give or take, until the pool is opened once again.
Summer is my favorite season. And it's funny I should write a post about weather that is exactly opposite to what we might be getting in the next few days. 6+ inches of snow. Ick!
I'm just gonna pretend I didn't write that or hear it on the news for that matter and think about these things...
* My kids jumping in the pool off the diving board
* Sliding down the slide into the cool abyss
* Floating with my girlfriends and trying to relax with all manner of kids splashing us
* Pool Dayz - the one day a week that I open the pool up to our friends
It used to be Mondays, then last year I changed it to Tuesdays, and now I might get back to Mondays again. We'll see.
* Pancakes by the pool. I set up a griddle and flip away
* Hot dates on summer nights with my man
* Family gatherings
* Summer vacations
* Going up north to Petoskey to visit Smax & Barb
* Blueberry Picking
* Strawberry Picking
* Any other kind of fruit picking I can find
* Homemade jam making
* Salsa making
* Planting a garden and reaping the rewards
* Summer baseball
* Ice cream from Side Track
Yeah, that's what I'm gonna do. I'll think about those things for a little while and daydream about summer days to come.
What things are you looking forward to experiencing this summer?