Saturday, November 06, 2010

Giving Thanks Day 6 ~ Friendship

Tonight we celebrated my girlfriend, Liz's, birthday. Six of us went out to eat while the kids were at home under the care of the oldest child of the group, Sydney, who is 19. 

The kids had homemade pizza and snacks and we ate big ol' burgers from Red Robin. After dinner we came back here to enjoy a homemade birthday cake and some decaf. We got our game on and played the Wii and listened to some familiar tunes from the 80's. And what a great time we had. 

Friendship is a gift. God is so gracious to provide people to stand alongside you,  that share your faith if they are believers, and just do life together. We had our husbands celebrate with us which was wonderful. We usually do the girlfriend thing, but Liz's husband, Mike, wanted to be a part of things. We decided collectively that our husbands should be a part of these celebrations from now on. They are great friends, too, so it just makes sense. 

I could say loads more about what my friends mean to me, and in another post, I probably will, but I think this sums it up well.

Leah over at South Breeze Farm is the genius behind this blog carnival. 
I'm just happy to be a part of it. 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great post and wonderful reminder of the value of friendships. I totally need friends to walk with me or I'd be at such a loss.

Denise said...

Friendship truly is a gift, and I'm so thankful for my online friends, even though I haven't met the most of them they still mean a lot to me:)
have a lovely Sunday.
hugs Denise

Diana Ferguson said...

Love all my friends, too!!!