Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day!



Lastnight I set our kitchen table with a Valentine for each of the kids and for Shawn. The kids were really excited to get up and see if they received a Valentine from us.  After breakfast sometime, Shawn went to play baseball with the boys for a little while and came back with a box of truffles which are one of my favorites, and an orchid. Our 3 boys also presented the girls with flowers and a note. 

My husband is so precious to me. He has a heart of gold and would do anything for me. One of the things he wrote in his card to me is, "I love you more today than on Valentine's day when I plastered your apartment with 'I love you' papers". For our 1st Valentine's day that  is what he did...he taped up 50 8 1/2 X 11 copies that said, "I love you Valentine". 

Shawn, I absolutely love you more today than I did almost 16 years ago and God could not have given me a better gift than you. You are an amazing, wonderful, handsome man and I will love you forever. 
 
Here's a poem I found that I wanted to share with all of you.

God's Valentine Gift

God's Valentine gift of love to us 
Was not a bunch of flowers;
It wasn't candy, or a book
To while away the hours.

His gift was to become a man,
So He could freely give 
His sacrificial love for us.
So you and I could live.

He gave us sweet salvation, and 
Instruction, good and true--
To love our friends and enemies
And love our Savior, too.

So as we give our Valentines,
Let's thank our Lord and King;
The reason we have love to give
Is that He gave everything.

By: Joanna Fuchs

Happy Valentines Day from our family to yours.

7 comments:

Penny said...

That is so cute that your husband did that! How sweet!

Anonymous said...

Sound like you guys had a great Valentine's Day. Love the poem!!
Have a great weekend. julie l.

He & Me + 3 said...

What a special time for your family this day is. That is awesome. love the 50 papers all over your walls. Too sweet.
Great poem too.
Happy Valentine's Day!

Pam said...

Happy Valentines to you all!! I am digging out the red table cloth and serving a special meal tonight here with the kids! I got them each a small heart shaped box of chocolate!

Anonymous said...

What treasures those memories are with your husband and children. And I love that poem! Happy Valentine's Day!

Tara Steffen Fotos said...

Beautiful table! I'm glad you share so much love with your hubby! It's so fun. Neat poem too!

McCrakensx4 said...

What a nice poem; thanks for sharing! And what a fun way to wake up! My poor boys don't get much! Here's wishing you a Happy Heart Day!