Wednesday, June 16, 2010

From "Burden" to Blessing

It's not the best picture to demonstrate the "burden" in hulling bunches of strawberries. I forgot to shoot one of the baskets full of berries.

It's not exactly a burden, but it can feel like it when you're busy. But boy is it worth it!

Strawberry freezer jam is one of our favorites around here.

Besides strawberry picking & jam making we've been running back and forth to basketball camp, going to baseball games, spray painting, mowing, garage saling, good will visiting, swimming, hanging pictures up, entertaining at the pool, planting flowers, and on and on.

What have you been up to?

I'll be more consistent with blogging and commenting soon I hope. I have been reading yours sporadically due to time constraints, but certainly not for a lack of interest.


5 comments:

fullertribe said...

Ahhh the joys of summer. We seem to slow down a little during the summer but it's never to slow! I just sat down at wrote down all of the events that our children will be doing from now until next year and WOW what a crazy mess! But we are saving time for fun things too. Most of our time is being spent trying to figure out how to raise money for Dustin's High School Band as they are playing at the Sugar Bowl this year in New Orleans. LOTS & LOTS of fundraising!

He & Me + 3 said...

I wish I knew how to do that. It looks so yummy and tastes so good...my grandma makes strawberry jam and we love it.

McCrakensx4 said...

Oh yum! Send some my way! Hope you are enjoying your summer!

Denise said...

I've never tried making my own jam, it looks yummy though. Love the pics in the post below, so sweet.

Rachel said...

YUM! Sounds delish!