Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Beautiful Braaten is 11 today!!

Happy Birthday, Braaten! We love you so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so much!! That's how Grandma used to say it to me and I always loved that.

This post is to honor you on your special day. I remember being pregnant with you, anticipating your birth, and now you are 11. Wow! You are changing and maturing very quickly and are a sweet, loving girl who loves the Lord. 

Enjoy your day, Honey.

This is Braaten's  school picture for 5th grade.

Braaten took some tennis lessons back in October. 

Beautiful sisters & best friends (Braaten and Melanie in Italy)

We bought this adorable hat in York, England. I love it!

Sisters at the State Championship game for Bellmont vs. Evansville Memorial.  Bellmont won 28 to 14. 

The girls were helping me wash a very dirty dog.

Making Christmas cookies.

Nice one!

Daddy's Little Girl. 

All bundled up in Wales.

"Hey Mom, take a picture". :-)

And this is Braaten last year when she turned 10. 

Lord, I pray that Braaten will continue to grow in her walk with you. May you guide her in all her steps. Thank you for loving her and for calling her to you. She is a precious gift and we are blessed that you chose us to love and nurture her. May all the glory be given to you.  Amen. 

6 comments:

Tara Steffen Fotos said...

Those are great photos! I feel like I know your daughter now! She's beautiful!

You do know that I have two that are the same age as her? They are my babies. Is she your oldest? I feel old now...

Carol said...

Tara,

My oldest will be 13 in March. His name is Austin. I have a funny feeling you and I are about the same age, though. I graduated in '84. How 'bout you?

He & Me + 3 said...

Your post gave me goose bumps. What a precious girl you have there. She is beautiful too! Happy Birthday Braaten! Love her name too!
BTW...we live just south of Detroit.

Melissa said...

Aw! That's so precious mom! And what experiences they are having as kids to grow up seeing the world! That's really awesome!! Happy Birthday to your sweet girl! They grow too fast!!

Rachel said...

Great post!! Happy Birthday, Braaten!!
That's so awesome that our girls share a birthday!!!!!

Pam said...

Leah and I say Happy Birthday Braaten!!