Tuesday, February 23, 2010

York, England... how quaint.


Day two of our travels with Annette and her family brought us to
York, England.

If you can imagine, for a moment, in your mind's eye what you think England would look like, it would be this very place. Parts of it look like it comes straight out of a Charles Dickens novel.

There are extremely narrow streets, which for some reason, I have no pictures of, and there are all kinds of neat little shops and restaurants with which to entertain yourself. You can stumble upon street vendors that make "Kinky Donuts", which really should be called "Dinky" donuts, because they are tiny albeit delicious. We made our way into a chocolate shop, because if you love chocolate like me, you must get your hands on some of that delicious confection.

Before we did any of that, however, we made our way up to "Clifford Tower."



Annette & Quentin really enjoyed their visit here.


After we climbed the many spiral stairs to get to the top, our eyes feasted on these sites.


My sweet hubby and I have been blessed to see all that we have seen in our time in England.

One day he said something like this to me, "Did you ever think we would be so blessed to be able to travel like this?"

My answer: "No, not really."
I certainly never imagined it while raising our young family. The Lord has been so good and has shown His favor and for that we will always be thankful. And if He never called us here, we would have been happy to stay put because He desires us to be content with His provision no matter how great or small.


I love this picture of Annette & Matthew. He looks so much like her, and yet he looks a lot like his dad as well.

Me and my three sons.
(Is anyone humming that tune right now while tapping their foot?) If you don't know what I mean than you are obviously too young. There was a show on called, "My Three Sons" that was a great show back in the 60's and 70's. I think that's the time-frame anyway.

While we were all walking around up here, Annette was getting a little nervous. I didn't realize she had a fear of heights. She was a great sport about it anyway.

She was making a swift and clean getaway in this photo.
Shawn and Grant


Annette & I
We did the calculations and we've been friends for almost 34 years.
Where does the time go?

Twin power.

How lovely is this place?

Thanks for taking the time to visit York with me. Tomorrow it's all about London.

"Whatever I have tried to do in life, I have tried with all my heart to do it well; whatever I have devoted myself to, I have devoted myself completely; in great aims and in small I have always thoroughly been in earnest."

Charles Dickens


Cheerio Mate!

9 comments:

Tara Steffen Fotos said...

I'm afraid that when you come back, it will not be near as exciting!

Great shots. You're picture taking is improving!

Glad you got the chance to see England and all it's splendor!

Joyce said...

I love the pictures. We never got to York even though it was on 'my list'...I can't wait to 'see' London tomorrow : )

Andrea said...

Thanks for allowing us to follow your journey. Beautiful pictures.
Blessings, andrea

Heart2Heart said...

Ah Carol,

TO live in the places you have, and seen the things you have, I love you! Thank you for sharing all of these beautiful places with us and for taking us to place we might not ever see.

Love and Hugs ~ Kat

Darcie said...

What a beautiful spirit you have Carol. Being so thankful for your blessing, yet realizing you would have been content if you hadn't had that time in England. You are a beautiful person...inside and out.

Thanks for sharing your pictures with us...you have shared a little of your blessings with us all and for that I thank you!

Diana Ferguson said...

Your pictures are awesome!!

Thanks for being so sweet to share everything.

Mikki said...

What a great post!!

It seems like it's been forever since I've stopped by. So sorry for that!!

What beautiful places God has taken you!!

Bloom where planted right?? :-)

He & Me + 3 said...

The sights the memories. Priceless. What an awesome time for both your and your friends. You got some really great shots.

McCrakensx4 said...

So beautiful! Thanks for the tour! You sure are taking advantage of all that you can do before coming back...good for you! Love the pic of you and your boys...you are so beautiful! YOu captured some very pretty shots of the village!