Tuesday, February 02, 2010

“A house is made of walls and beams; a home is built with love and dreams.”

That quote was written by Phillip Moffitt.


Our spur of the moment trip back to Michigan last weekend resulted in us purchasing our new home.

We saw about 10 homes, mostly from the list we had established through the internet, and this was our top pick. Actually, we thought a different house would work as we saw it on our computer screen and it just wasn't the right fit for our family in the end.

In the quiet recesses of both our brains sat this home and we are blessed to have put an offer on it and the owner accept. Of course there was negotiating involved, but there always is.

Our move date is March 13th. It is all happening very quickly and the emotional roller coaster that inherently goes with an international move has started rolling. There will be ups (read: new exciting home and seeing our old church family) and downs (read: new amazing friends and current church family) that I know lengthy conversations via e-mail with Joyce will definitely come into play. Joyce lived in England and fairly recently repatriated back to the U.S. and knows exactly what all of this means. If you haven't read her blog, you should and I know you will enjoy it as much as I do.

"It's better to have loved and lost, than to have never loved at all." by Alfred Lord Tennyson

17 comments:

The Lehman's said...

Busse crew--Congrats on your new home. It is really beautiful. Does this move back to the states mean the end of the blog? (hope not) Carol share with us does it have a laundry room? Often when I am doing laundry here I think of you and the sad washer and dryer you have. Thinking of you guys as you have yet another change. Blessings to you. julie :)

Joyce said...

Ooooh I love it...looks like I can come have a cup of tea on your front porch. I'll be thinking of you...it helps to have a lovely home to look forward to...I bet it has a full sized frig and closets in every bedroom.
When you are feeling wistful and weepy looking around your English village think about that. It helps : )

McCrakensx4 said...

The house is beautiful...love the porch! Hope your move goes well...with safe travels and a healthy family! Where abouts in MI are you moving to?

Pam said...

I love the new house! I love the porch a lot! I just wish it was closer to here!! :)

Tara Steffen Fotos said...

Oh wow! That's exciting news! Will you miss England?

I pray good weather for your move back! It's snowing pretty good today!

Penny said...

Oh wow!!! Congrats! The house is beautiful. I can't wait to see the inside.

fullertribe said...

Wonderful house. Are you going to be in Battle Creek? John and I will just be coming home from our cruise on the day that you move. Please let us know if you need any help. We would love to help any way that we can.

Darcie said...

Beautiful house my dear...I can see you all right now making new memories there. I totally understand the emotional roller-coaster that moving can have on a family. You know...I guess I don't know just how long you have been over there. I know you have been there since I have followed this blog, but how long has it been?

Heart2Heart said...

Carol,

What a beautiful house and I love it! I've been a sucker for long front porches for quite some time. Something that calls to warm summer nights, that beckon you outside to sit and drink sweet tea or lemonade.

Congratulations on your new home!

Love and Hugs ~ Kat

Natasha said...

Love it Carol! Looks like a Busse house full of warmth and comfort. Can't wait to visit you in it. I promise this time!!!LOL.

Denise said...

I love your new home Carol, that porch is gorgeous. Imagine how pretty it will look in spring time too :) Hope you have a good few weeks getting everything in order and ready for the move.

Rachel said...

Wow! Congratulations on the house!

I can't even comprehend moving to a new state and all that would involved - let alone a different country! You're braver than I will ever be.

Anonymous said...

Wow! What a gorgeous home! I want it! :)

He & Me + 3 said...

Carol,

Your house is beautiful...I am sure it will be home very quickly!
We so have to get together when you move back.
Hugs,
MImi

kristi.moody.mommy.and more. said...

Yay! Congratulations! Now, if I can just get your "Christmas" postcard to you in England before you move:) I inevitably have a few strays that dont make it out when they should for one reason or another but this case is really bad. I did however make it so far as to remember to finally get the appropriate stamp a few weeks ago and just found it in my wallet the other day...Id like to think Im not usually this unorganized! We love your family and will look forward to seeing you!

TRUTH SHARER said...

I can't wait to hear more, Carol! I'll be praying for much peace in the move details. What a lovely house for your precious family.

Did I tell you that I came from Michigan when I was 5? I loved it there and I remember a lot about where I lived.

Joy and Blessing in your new home!

Stephanie
JESUS ONLY in 2010

petrii said...

This house is just beautiful!!! What a wonderful place to look forward to getting to huh? But I know that this will be so hard as well. Love you friend and hope that all is going well.

Have a Blessed day,
Dawn