Tuesday, February 09, 2010

Tempt My Tummy Tuesday


Blessed with Grace

Lisa over at "Blessed With Grace" hosts this weekly meme along with her sister, Lana. It's an opportunity to post one of your favorite recipes.

Coconut Bars


OK, I realize this is not the most delectable, mouth-watering, tempting recipe you've ever seen. But if you like peanut butter and coconut and want something healthy and nutritious, keep reading.

My friend, Kelly, who is extremely fit and healthy, shared this recipe with me awhile back. She uses all organic products if at all possible.

Half of my family loves it and the other half thinks they are good.

Coconut Bar Recipe:
2 cups oats
1 cup organic coconut (not the sweetened store-bought kind)
1 cup sunflower seeds
1 cup fruit juice sweetened cranberries
1/3 cup flax seeds
1/3 cup Shaklee fiber crunch (optional)
1/4 cup Shaklee protein powder (optional)
1/3 cup coconut oil (melted to liquid form)
1/2 cup honey
1 cup organic peanut butter (sorry, Jif is out)

Mix it all up and flatten in a 9 x 13 inch pan and refrigerate. Cut into squares and keep refrigerated. They taste better cold.

These are some of the tastiest, healthiest bars I have ever tasted. It might be that I LOVE coconut and that's why I love them. If I have one for breakfast, it keeps me satisfied until lunch.

If you try them, let me know what you think. In the meantime, head over to Blessed With Grace to find more recipes.


8 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds good to me! Come join me for Crock Pot Wednesday this week. I would love to have you there.

He & Me + 3 said...

Girl those sounds so yummy & nutritious that is the bar for me:)

Andrea said...

Pass the coconut bars...oops, I forgot you are an ocean away.
Blessings, andrea

Darcie said...

Very interesting! My parents use to sale Shaklee so it was fun to see that in the recipe. I am all for nutritious and delicious.

jules said...

These actually sound really good. I might have to give them a try.

Thelittlebrownhouse.us said...

That looks very yummy to me! Especially the fact that it keeps you feeling full for awhile - most bars like that don't!
Thanks for stopping by my blog today, and you were the only one who got the Bryan Adams question!!

Jean Stockdale said...

What a great recipe. It sounds wonderful. Thanks for sharing.

Happy TMTT.

Blessings.

Tara Steffen Fotos said...

ya, love peanut butter, but the coconut...um.

It looks very healthy though!