Sunday, September 11, 2011

Nine Eleven



10 years ago today I was in the thick of taking care of our 3 small children and pregnant with the twins. My friend Robyn called and frantically told me to turn on the t.v. The first tower had been hit and I watched in stunned silence. I couldn't take my eyes away from it. I can't imagine the pain of the loved ones left behind. I get a lump in my throat when I reflect on everything. We lived about 50 miles away from NYC at the time. That skyline was always breathtaking to see as we would drive on Route 3 heading to see my family in Hoboken. And after a couple of weeks had passed and we took that familiar drive again, I couldn't believe what my eyes were seeing. A big, empty space where life and work took place, where businesses succeeded and people thrived. Today I remember all of those left behind and the thousands of firemen, police officers, service men and women, doctors, nurses, and volunteers of every kind that came together to make some sense of this and to move our country forward. And most of all I honor God who knows and sees our pain and is with us in ALL of it.

1 comment:

Catherine Anne said...

Oh it is so nice to stop in here. Your header made me smile. Such a beautiful family~ Filled with love. Looks like you have had a fun summer! Great pics. Today I pray for the pain of 9-11 and will always~ Blessings to you Catherine Anne