Wednesday, February 27, 2013

The Countdown

I think it was about 3 weeks ago that I started THE countdown.
The countdown to spring break, that is. 
At the time it happened to be 7 weeks away and as I type it is just a little over 4.

Excited??
You better believe it.


You see a couple of years ago give or take, our friends Mike and Liz, were feeling led to move to Florida. They have some family down there, but they both grew up in Michigan. They loved visiting Florida to visit family, for the sunshine, the ocean, the fun times, and well, just to get away from the Michigan cold. 

And it's cold right now. We've have at least 39 snow days, and it's time old man winter gets outta here! I'm exaggerating but not by much! Ok, 39 minus 34 or so.

Back to Mike and Liz...
So as time went on and they visited Florida about twice a year, they began to feel the Lord and His gentle stirring of a change ahead. Liz, as I recall, was having none of it. She used to say, "I'm not moving to Florida." or something close to that and Mike, well he was digging it down there. He loved being there. Liz loved visiting, but her heart was here. And as God kept opening certain doors and closing others, they began to really see His calling. 

It was time to make the move. Everyone was happy for them, but it has left a certain void not having their family here. Our church family misses them like crazy and I know their family misses them even more.


So in exactly 31 days I'll get to hug on my precious friend Lizzy and I can't wait!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, what a happy day that will be!

We, too, have been considering moving to Florida, but I truly do NOT like that idea. I do want to be wherever the Lord wants us, so I am willing to go. The best place to be is in the center of God’s will. Happy I shall be.

:) Hope

Joyce said...

So fun to have something to look forward to in the dreary days of winter : )

Anonymous said...

Time flies, yes?
By now you would have had your precious visitors.

Hoping all is well with you, dear Carol.

♥Hope
Time flies, yes?