Friday, May 06, 2011

Five Minute Friday



I've decided to participate in this "5 Minute Friday" where you take 5 minutes and write your heart out. Here goes...

It's Mother's Day weekend and I thought about what I would like to do to celebrate it. My hubby usually has a plan- he and the kids make me breakfast in bed and then we spend the day together gardening and taking it easy.

I'd like to stretch it to a weekend celebration. I asked my hubs if we could get some unfinished projects done around the house, if I could do some painting projects, and also get caught up on any grading we need to do on the kids' school work. 

Sounds like a lot of work, but when things get done I feel a sense of accomplishment. And if the 7 of us work at it together, it'll take the pressure that I put on myself to try and get it all done. 

What will you be doing this Mother's Day?

4 comments:

Kat said...

Tonight we are celebrating with our friends over the best home made german chocolate cake you could ever imagine.

Tomorrow we are hoping the good weather forecast will actually come true so we can spend the day in the gardens. Love to be in the garden with the family.

Sunday will be Brianna's amazing scones for breakfast, worship with the family and then lunch with friends. If it doesn't rain, as is predicted, we will spend some time outdoors together and grill for dinner.

Perfect huh?

Darcie said...

That will truly be the best Mother's Day celebration, because it will lighten the load for you. Many hands help, don't they.

Happy Mothers Day to you Carol!!!

Joyce said...

Hope you had a happy Mother's Day weekend Carol!

Magic Brush said...

Congrats! You won the running headband on my blog. Email me your address and I will stick it in the mail!