Sunday, September 12, 2010

~~ storytime ~~


Melanie is devoted to our kitties, Molly, Lilly, and Ying. She has been taking the time to visit with them on the porch and tell them their story.

She reminds them of how scruffy they once were and how little they were when we took them in. I'm sure she tells Ying that she is a blessed little kitty because her sister, Yang, did not make it when her Uncle Scott found them abandoned on a boat. I am sure she tells her how pretty she has gotten, and that she loves her soft, shiny fur.

She has to whisper into Molly's little ear that her older brother, Austin, thinks she is, in fact, a boy kitty. She probably follow's that up with the fact that Mom says she must then be renamed to something like Mikey. Melanie most likely assures her that she is definitely a girl and will keep her beautiful name.

And finally while holding Lilly, her little red and white kitty, she reminds her that she was the one that got to name her. As we shouted out various names on our way home, and Melanie called out the name Lilly, the 7 of us agreed wholeheartedly that she must have that name.

I don't know about you, but I would love to sit on that same porch during storytime with Melanie and hear my own story. The story would be told that God knew my name before the beginning of time when He knitted me in my mother's womb. I would listen intently while being told that I was named after my mom after my four older sisters did not receive the name Carol at my father's request. I would lovingly listen as I was reminded how much I resemble my mother, with brown eyes and very similar facial features. I would feel the love on that warm sunny day as my storyteller lovingly shared my story.

What a blessing to hear how God made each one of us in His loving care~ even 3 little kittens from Indiana!

He is an awesome God!

Thank you, Melanie, for reminding us each that we have a story that God, the author and finisher of our faith, has written.





2 comments:

Joyce said...

Oh, such a sweet story and reminder!

He & Me + 3 said...

Love the collage and such a sweet post. Melanie is adorable.
To answer your question. I upload my pics through flickr.com and it has an option to choose the size of pictures and then you copy the html code and drop it in. Also, I heart faces has a tutorial on how to make your pictures bigger through blogger if you want to check there. It deals with html code and just changing a few things. once you do it once it is so easy. I don't use it anymore & I don't know all the techy stuff but I can point you in the right direction :) Hope that helps.