Sunday, October 12, 2008

Today is a good day...

This morning we all got ready, had our Sunday morning pancakes that Shawn makes, and then headed off to church. It was great to be there. God has a way of giving me just what I need. I praise Him for that. 

You see, it was a bit of a rough week for me. I can't exactly pinpoint what was wrong, but I was not myself. I was pretty moody, tired, worn out you might say. I took naps on a couple of differnent days which helped, but my spirit has been heavy. I've been cranky and not the patient person I truly desire to be. 

That's where the title of my blog comes in, "Joy in the Journey". Before I attempted to start a blog, the title of it and its contents was really important to me. I prayed before I went to bed the night I wanted to start blogging and asked God to show me what He wanted it to be called. He showed me and that's how I got my title.  My desire is to do His will and to ultimately bring honor and glory to Him. So recently being so moody and impatient hasn't lent itself to truly experiencing this "Joy in the Journey" as it were. God is molding me and shaping me and teaching me to be more like Him. When I do it my way, I tend to get it wrong. 

In church this morning, my Pastor preached on one of the beatitudes, "Blessed are the pure in heart, for they will see God".  He talked about how being beautiful on the inside is far more important than being beautiful on the outside. He said, in not so many words, that what is in our hearts will come out of us in the way we deal with people and how we treat them. Being moody and impatient certainly doesn't help my inner beauty to shine if am not mindful of how I am treating others. 

I am thankful that God reminds me that His grace is sufficient for me and that I can have "Joy in His journey if I am obedient and attentive to His will in my life.   

4 comments:

Pam said...

We were just in church too. K was not doing so well. People who know what I deal with look at me and say "hang in there", "one day you'll look back on all of this and laugh". I want to have that perspective. I want to have "joy in the Journey" too. I want to not let the moments go past and miss them (thus the name of my blog). That is what I want. but, what I want is something i have to fight for. I wish it wasn't so. I wish I was a naturally patient, kind person. But, I'm not. It takes choices daily doesn't it? I am finding more and more that it just does. At least we are in this together! OVER THE SEAS!! So glad we "met"! Life makes me smile! (or maybe it is just God)

Tara Steffen Fotos said...

God is good for that! wishing you "joy" this week!

Carol said...

Thank you pam and steffenboysmom for all of your encouragement!

Sandy said...

This post really spoke to me today. I have had that kind of week, this past week. I posted about Joy this past Monday.
Thank you again.