Tuesday, November 05, 2013

How do I love thee? Let me quilt the squares...


I started working on Austin's old t-shirts again. 
For years I've wanted to make a quilt for him for when he graduates high school. Doesn't it seem like some plans you have are so far off? That's how it has felt, but here I am. 
I'm at that place... his senior year. People keep telling me to enjoy it because it goes so fast. 
I suppose that lots of future posts will be about the happenings of a high school senior. 

I'm proud of the boy. He was recently nominated for Scholar Athlete among 3 other seniors in his class out of 175 kids. That's pretty cool. 

Speaking of scholarships... we are up to our eyeballs in scholarship applications, college visits, and other kinds of paperwork. Austin is responsible for most of it, but there have been times when he has forgotten to bring home paperwork that we need to see. We keep reminding him that scholarships mean dollar signs that will greatly affect his future. 

In the meantime, I will be cutting out t-shirt squares and trying to figure out how to make a quilt out of them.


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is a great idea, Carol.

I was just recently thinking about making a couple of throw pillows for my son's bed from his T-shirts.

Great to see you today!

:)Hope

Kat said...

Carol, so glad to see you! My sister and I put together a quilt similar to his using military uniforms for a friend she served win many years ago. It was beautiful and very warmly received. She ended up doing another for her husband with all his sports team shirts. Have fun!

Anonymous said...

Hello Carol,

I hope you and your family are enjoying a wonderful holiday season.

Merry Christmas!
:) Hope

SADLOVE said...

Carol, my friend. So happy to see you and catch up a bit on life in your neck of the woods. Hard to imagine Austin going off to college. Wasn't he just a kid?



** goldenslot mobile**
** สล็อต ออนไลน์ ได้ เงิน จริง**

stevejordon said...

Thanks for your personal marvelous posting! I quite enjoyed reading it, you could be a great author. I will always bookmark your blog. I have a very nice blog visa card generator. for more detail, you can visit IMVU Gift Card

loda lasan said...

This valuable information is very useful. I love your posts and everything looks wonderful. Thanks for sharing your knowledge with us. Skindex