Saturday, July 28, 2012

out with the old and in with the new


That's not a nice pile of glass. 
It represents something broken.
It's expensive.


I forgot to take the photo when it was still on its post,
 but this will have to do.

My boys were shooting targets with their BB gun and hit the basketball goal. I'm not sure how one gets so close to their prized basketball goal and hits it, but I do know that accidents happen.

I also know that with accidents, consequences come as well. 
That's not fun for a 16 year old.
He never argued about paying for a new one, because he knows what the right thing to do is. I'm proud of him for that.
Sometimes the best lessons we learn come the hard way.

  
Well, Austin, I look forward to seeing you shoot hoops again and also taking part in a game of knock-out with you.

Now if you can only find a job...:) 

No comments: