Sunday, January 23, 2011

What I've been up to...

I'm on a new journey it seems. 
Once I moved back to Michigan from England and started to see the potential of our new home., I started to realize that I could start a business here. What business do you ask? 

A chiropractic office right here at home. 
God started to bring patients my way when I wasn't even talking much about this new opportunity. Friends of mine, and people I see on a fairly regular basis, approached me and asked where I practice or do I have my own and it made me think. 

And for the first time in 19 years as a doctor of chiropractic, I began to realize that God skilled me to do this even for myself. I gained experience and knowledge through the years by filling in for other docs, by working full-time in Pittsburgh running an office, and most recently by working part-time on a regular basis for a doctor in Battle Creek. 

I came back from England with my Michigan license inactive and had to start taking continuing education to change that status to active. It meant taking 42 hours that the State of Michigan approves. I've been to Mt. Pleasant, Michigan, to Dallas, Texas, and next weekend I'm heading to Chi town for the last 14 hours. It's exciting and scary at the same time. 

What I love about it all is that God has been preparing me for such a time as this to help people in the comfort of my home, with my children here homeschooling, and as I continue to take care of my household duties as a wife and mother. What a blessing!

Today I purchased used office equipment from my most recent employer and it made me see how this is all coming together so well. I'll keep you posted as Busse Family Chiropractic develops.

7 comments:

McCrakensx4 said...

That is so very exciting for you Carol! If I lived closer I would definately be one of your patients! It was great catching up with your blog...that star that your hubby made you over the mantel is awesome...love it and happy teenager to you! Your BArn post was awesome...so very true...God is a good God. Promise Keepers was started by my hubby's uncle BTW!! Hope you have a great week.

The Lehman's said...

Congrats on your new business. May the Lord bless this new adventure. julie :)

Darcie said...

I had thought there were some things in the works, and love how things are just falling into place. It always seems when it is something meant to be...the pieces fall perfectly into place.

Congratulations friend!

Mikki said...

Wow Carol! How exciting. Sooo happy for you. Looking forward to hearing more about it!

Tara Steffen Fotos said...

Oooo, wish you were closer! Best wishes!!!

Kat said...

How exciting, Carol. I look forward to seeing how your business builds as you follow God's leading in this. Good to see you around.

Hugs,

kat

Rachel said...

How exciting! I wish you were closer..I could use a post-pregnancy adjustment!!