Wednesday, August 18, 2010

on the fritz


For the past week or so my computer has been acting weird. Does yours ever do that? Anyway, I kept trying to sign in on my yah*o page and my fb page, etc, and nothing! I uplugged and replugged my computer, refreshed, restarted, and again nothing.

I finally called my "server" and the guy on the other end told me to unplug my router, wait 30 seconds, and then plug it back in. Guess what?! It worked! Yaaaaay!

So here I am after more than a week of not posting and not being able to read anyone's posts, finally able to update my blog. It feels good to have computer capability again.

**Family Update**

On Monday, I drove 3 hours north of here to bring 4 of our 5 children to kids camp through our church. It was a haul and by the end of dropping off, picking up some lunch, and returning home, my husband beat me home from his work day. What a long day! Whew! Guess what, though. He gets to do the pick up on Friday. I'm considering doing some scrapbooking since I have so many hours at home.

The only one of our kids that could not go due to his age, is Austin, our 14 year old. We have been having such a blessed week just spending time as a family of "3". It's been 12 years since it was just the 3 of us. Last night we went mini golfing. My game was on even though my men decided to give me a 15 point whatchamacallit. Oh, handicap. Who needs a handicap when you are pretty good to begin with? hehehe I won in the end. :-)

My boy and I went to a high school meeting with his guidance counselor today. It went very well. He has been homeschooled for the past 7 years and we have decided to put him in the local high school. I think it will be a good thing for him, but having had him at home for all of these years, I have my concerns and also know that I will miss him so very much. We are confident that this is the path the Lord has for him, and so I will trust that he will bless and be blessed in this new adventure. After our meeting, we went out for breakfast. Now we are off to shop for school clothes.

Have a blessed Wednesday. I'll be reading your blogs later today or tomorrow to get back in the groove.

5 comments:

Joyce said...

Welcome back! I love the whole golf thing...I knew we were a lot alike because I totally would have mentioned winning : )

Hoping all goes smoothly as your son enters the high school.

Heart2Heart said...

Carol,

I think your son will benefit from his first year in high school! We will definitely add him to our prayer list and pray for daily protection for him while he is away from home.

Glad to have you back and now you have your computer up and working.

Love and Hugs ~ Kat

The Lehman's said...

We have missed you!!!! Hope things with Austin go well. He will do great!!! julie :)

Rachel said...

I bet a family of 3 was fun! What a different experience...like my upcoming family of 4 is going to be QUITE different!!

Glad you figured out your computer issues...I've missed you!

Darcie said...

Hello there Carol,

It's been a crazy busy summer in blogland, but I had to come over and say, "hi". Been missing checking in with your lovely family, but enjoyed scrolling through and seeing that you have had a wonderful summer.

Will be thinking of your son on his first day in school.