Tuesday, August 25, 2009

On top of the world


It seems like we've either been traveling or have had friends and family visiting us since about April of this year. That makes for inconsistent blogging and/or scads of pictures being posted to try communicate to you all of the great places we have been able to see.

Most recently my cousin, Cherie, was here for a mere 3 days. But in that time did we ever see some beautiful places filled with history. I'll try to post a few pictures of her time here.

And currently, my girlfriend, Mayra, her daughter, Ava, and my niece, Allie, are here with us getting a taste of the U.K. That means there are even more pictures to show you. Have I mentioned that we have traveled back to Michigan and haven't posted those pics yet? I never finished up my cruise pictures or a trip to Mallorca, Spain that we took in May either.

Now I'm not whining or complaining here. I'm just sayin' I can't document all of this in good time. Everything we have been doing has been a blessing from God and we are truly thankful for it.


My handsome hubby and "his best friend" posed for me at Beeston Castle. Once you get to the top of the hill, you can see as far as 8 different counties. This particular castle is a part of the "English Heritage" that has a yearly membership and hundreds of places you can visit for free.

Shawn thought it was a great find and we didn't have to travel far to go and see it.

Thanks for stopping by and for leaving comments recently. I've been trying my best to stop by and read yours, too.

5 comments:

Kat said...

That is an amazing view. That is one of those things about European living I just can't wrap my head around. If I drive two miles I get to West virginia...I don't get to see 8 different COUNTRIES all at once:)

Joyce said...

lovely picture...beautiful place...sigh...

He & Me + 3 said...

Sure wish that I could have a gander of the view in real life. That looks gorgeous. Great picture.

Heart2Heart said...

Ah to live and see the days of castles in real life. Just the stories that go into the rocks that built them! Truly inspiring to picture that place in another time in history.

Love all the greenery in the picture, so jealous. I love the color green because in the desert all we see are shades of brown. So anything green for us is exciting.

Love and Hugs ~ Kat

momstheword said...

Oh wow, what a view. Lovely! I would love to have a view like that!