Saturday, June 06, 2009

You're Gonna Miss This Moment- Mini Golf in Majorca, Spain

LINK TITLE
Pam over at "You're Gonna Miss This Moment" has come up with what I think is a brilliant, and I am not overstating that, weekly blog carnival. It's about posting the moments you will miss that your kids do, or say, or are involved in that you will simply miss one day. Try posting one of your own and link it up to her blog over here. You will not regret it. 

Okay, so anyway, about two weeks ago we went to Majorca, Spain, which I have not posted about yet, but here is a small chunk of it. We did all the usual stuff like swim at the pool, go to the beach and swim, swim some more and then we played mini golf. Oh, we played ping pong, spent lots of coinage on crazy teeth, we shopped for souvenirs, and, of course, we played mini golf. Austin is the king of mini golf and just had to play it.  

I'm pretty sure we will play miniature golf through the years, but what I will miss most is the age they are right now as we play together. The age where they still think it's fun or cool to hang out with us and just have fun. I guess it's our older children that might find it awkward to do all these things in the future. I hope not, but it's probably inevitable. 

Anyway, we had so much fun!!

Look at that serious face.


Daddy-o

Braaten

Moi

I threw in a few pictures of their local flowers.


Melanie


And my silly guys, Grant and Cooper.

So what is it that you will miss? Go over to Pam's and link up a post about it. 

In the meantime, I'll be trying to post more Majorca pictures in the very near future. 

Blessings to you!

9 comments:

Heart2Heart said...

These are priceless pictures of your family. I can relate to the whole mini golf venture as it too is something we enjoy. Only now, we are being exposed to the teen side of things and for now we are the cool parents. Will take that, at least they aren't calling us old!

Love and Hugs ~ Kat

MiMi said...

You have such a beautiful family! It looks like ya'll had an awesome time in Spain!

Thanks for sharing.

He & Me + 3 said...

We love spending time doing family outings like that. All together is key. When they get older it seems they go in different directions. I will miss doing fun activities together as a family too. Great pictures.

McCrakensx4 said...

I wish I could visit all of those places, but since I can't I will live through your blog! Great moment! My boys love to play putt putt although we don't putt a lot!

Pam said...

i saw that first picture and before you even said it, i thought what you said, the older ones around here aren't so interested in "going and doing" with the rest of us so much... and when they do they hardly let themselves enjoy it... it's hard. you will miss this, when they all want to be together doing the same things... yours are a little closer in age than mine, and i think homeschooling is helpful in keeping them more connected, but it will come... and you will miss it... i sure do! great moment today carol! oh, and another of your nephews, doug's son, struck lucas out the other night! :(! he is a really good pitcher!

Kat said...

This is a great idea. I might have to think about trying it out. So many good ideas...so little time.

You all look like you are having fun. How serious your son looks. The question is...Did he make it???

You look gorgeous and your daughter, Baaten (gee I hope I spelled that right) looks so much like you.

I have such a hard time reconciling the European life. It is funny for me to think of your family just popping over to Spain for vacation. My sister lives in Italy (military) and her husband and she will say the same thing. We have a long weekend, we might pop over to Prague for a visit.

Glad you had a grea vacation and look forward to seeing more pics.

Anonymous said...

Hi Carol, I'm having fun catching up with you here. LOVE all the pictures and I LOVE this carnival idea!!!

petrii said...

It is so good to know that mini-golf is universal!!! =0)

Your family and you are just beautiful!!!!!

Those flowers were gorgeous ~~ I love me some flowers =)

Have a Blessed evening,
Dawn

Mama M. said...

What a wonderful post! You have a beautiful family...isn't 5 fun? And twins to boot! I enjoyed reading you're posts!