Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Caught between a rock and a hard place!


Scratch that! I mean, I'm caught between a "blog and a scrapbook". Maybe I should explain myself.

Ever since I have started blogging, and I love to do that, I have not been working on my scrapbooks as much. 

And I didn't realize in the beginning, how time-consuming it would be. I mean, it's really addicting.  I enjoy it as much as the next person, but come on! I'm taking loads of pictures and I remember back in the day when I would say, "That would be a great picture for our scrapbook". That has since been replaced by the phrase, "That'll be a great picture for my blog". 

We lugged all our scrapbooking supplies to England, which I bought from my friend, Jammi, who sells Creative Memories and who also has a brand new blog, from home to make some cool photo albums, but what do I find myself doing instead?... yep, blogging- reading yours, and thinking about different things I can write on mine. I guess I can turn my blog into a scrapbook like my bloggy friend, Rachel, did. She found a company that makes a book out of your blog posts. Seriously... I'm doing that.

I have piles like this one on my desk...


and containers in my closet filled with all kinds of photographs that I need to put in...


these photo albums.

Here are some of my most recent pages. My daughters like to join in on the fun and make their own pages.







So you see?! It's all your fault, Ladies! For being fun, beautiful, Godly women, that inspire me, teach me, and encourage me to "pen" my thoughts on this blog instead of putting it all down on paper. 

I'll keep you "posted" as I design some new pages. 

Blessings to you!

Carol

9 comments:

McCrakensx4 said...

That is so me! I love to scrapbook, but now as I blog, I often think to myself, this is good enough! I have found a new consultant and will be starting to attend crops again, which I am sosososo excited about! Hope you get the motivation soon, me too, fo that matter!! :)

Mikki said...

Aww. They look so great! And what a great post.

I just started doing some digital scrapbooking! WOW! Very addicting too. But now I need to scan old pictures in.. ugh.. I guess either one takes work.

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

You have a great blog...I enjoyed my visit. Stop by and visit me when you have some time and read about our latest Disney adventures....Grandparent trips are the BEST...and every comment enters you for the May giveaway.

He & Me + 3 said...

Ok, I could have totally posted this. I love to scrapbook, but that has gone by the wayside because of Blogging. I am going to a 12 hour crop though on Saturday. Way excited.

Penny said...

WOW!! You are so stinking talented!! I'm just not nearly as good, lol!

Joyce said...

I'm in the same boat...I am sending my scrapbooking supplies and some photos in our air shipment since we'll be in temporary housing for a couple of weeks and I'm not sure what my internet access will be. Plus I'll have alot of time on my hands until we get in the house so I'm hoping to catch up some on my scrapbooks. Seeing your pages reminded me how much I love to have the scrapbooks to look at.

I will definitely look into the blog book!

fullertribe said...

A digital Album might interest you too! :)

Rachel said...

Those pages are AMAZING!! But you're right - blogging is easier, more rewarding, and with much more lasting positive feedback. One of the reasons I started blogging is because I knew I could never make myself scrapbook.

But you're really good at both - blogging AND scrapbooking! Which means, alas, you'll always be conflicted and overly busy recording memories. :)

Andrea said...

You've said it just right! My scrapbooking has tapered off to just a few times each year and my blog has become a better journal as the kids are growing. As much as I LOVE to scrapbook, I find it's just so much easier to upload the digital pics and jot down my thoughts on Blogger.
I did just buy CM digital scrapbook software so I'm hoping I can begin to be more productive with cropping again there. What is the blog book website you mentioned?

(BTW - I found you through 5Minutes for Mom WW!)