Thursday, February 25, 2010

"52 Weeks"~~~~24/52 Cette nourriture est délicieux

Forever In Blue Jeans

Carin over at "Forever in Blue Jeans" has been hosting "52 Weeks" for the past year. She has started a new theme called "Shoot Me" with the same premise which is for us moms to be in the picture(s) on a weekly basis and post about it. I'm still working on the former theme and encourage you to come along and give it a try.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I have no clue when it comes to speaking French. Thankfully Wikipedia came to my rescue.
So, you're wondering what the title of this post reads, right?
If I can copy the "Lumberjack's Wife" for a moment, I'll give you a gazillion (meaningless) points if you can translate it.

Answer: You'll find it at the end of this post.

So here we are. All dressed up and a fancy place to go.

It was Valentine's Day, Annette & Quentin came to visit the day before, and I found a way for my sweet hubs to take us all out to La Boheme, a great French restaurant not far from home.

How tasty does that look? It was a crab/shrimp cake. The interesting thing is that I don't love-love seafood. But when I go to this place, it's all I eat! Why? Because I don't like lamb much, and chicken isn't on the menu. And even more importantly, it tastes sooooo good.

Quentin feasted on this "Suckling Pig". If my memory serves me correctly, that was what it was called. But, again, everything they make, even things with funny titles, is divine.

Both Shawn and Annette ordered the sea bass. Yum!

And me, the non-fish eater that I am, ordered the cod. There were mashed potatoes on top of a carmelized onions and julienned vegetables.

Does it get much better than that?

Oh, perhaps it does. Two of these little delights were brought to our table and my hubby looked as excited as I was inside.

Can you tell he was thinking this is another beautiful "blog moment". "Take my picture, Honey." Don't you think he should start to write his own blog? He would be fabulous at it. After all, he does write our annual Christmas letter and always gets scads of wonderful comments from friends and family.

Coffee & chocolate-mints-in-the-shape-of-hearts anyone?


The evening was rounded out in a classy way when the check was presented with these two pretty boxes. Two chocolates could be found in each.

We had the best time together on Valentine's Day, eating fine cuisine, and celebrating friendship. The funny thing about going to La Boheme is that Annette and I enjoyed it so much, that we had the nerve, audicity I mean, to find a way to get back there just one more time before they got back on a plane 5 days later. Yes, we returned last Friday evening.

Greedy I tell ya.


Answer: The food is delicious!

12 comments:

Andrea said...

Beautiful!! WOW!!

Blessings, andrea

He & Me + 3 said...

All four of you look great. Yum to all that food too. That dessert looks so awesome! Good for you getting back a second time:)

jules said...

I've never eaten at a place like that! We live in such a small town that we don't have nice restaurants like that. Someday........

McCrakensx4 said...

Oh yummy! YOu guys all look so nice! What a fun night with good friends and good food!

Carin said...

Wow! Wow! You all look so beautiful and that food just looks amazing! thanks for taking the pictures so we could see what your experience was like. Great memories I'm sure!

Rachel said...

Yum!!!! And y'all look FABULOUS!

Catherine Anne said...

What great looking people and food.

Natasha said...

Don't you all look so lovely. Its obvious you had a great time. Shawn just kills me, he is such a comedian.
I can't believe you ate seafood. Remember the Clam Broth House, when we went there, I don't think you liked anything on the menu, LOL. and then I went and had my rehearsal dinner there. Glad you gave the fish a try. It is so yummy and so healthy for you.

Diana Ferguson said...

Wow!! What a great time you all must have had.

Marice said...

wow that look so much fun! :) great photos!

sorry for the late visit!
u may view mine here

Anonymous said...

Ha! Thanks for the link back! :)

Just Jenn said...

Wow!! I want to eat there! =)
Just Jenn~

funny husband picture with the desserts! love it!