Monday, May 11, 2009

Cooking with Carol


I know the title is a bit corny.
Since rhubarb is plentiful and I love to cook, I thought I would make a "Strawberry-Rhubarb Crisp" and share the recipe. Here goes:


5 cups of chopped rhubarb +

5 cups sliced strawberries mixed with 
1/2 cup sugar and
5 T. flour
Mix it up and you get...

This

Put it into a greased 9 X 13 inch pan

Combine the following:
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 cup butter
1 cup rolled oats
Use a pastry blender until well-mixed

Hello there

Spread it evenly over fruit mixture and bake at 375 degrees for 45 minutes.

And this is what you get! Don't forget to add a dollop of vanilla ice cream and enjoy. 

11 comments:

petrii said...

Carol,
I love the title and can I just say ~~ how cute are you in your kitchen!! I mean seriously, too cute!!!

I wondered if I might have your email address. I was going to answer your question about Smilebox, but I do not have your e-address.

Have a Blessed and beautiful day,
Dawn

PS I heart rhubarb and I used to love strawberries as well, but now I am allergic, what in the world? Anyway, my husband loves strawberries, I may have to give this one a try.

He & Me + 3 said...

That looks simply delish! Thanks for sharing and great photos of each step!

momstheword said...

Well, I must admit that rhubarb has never been my thing but you sure do make it look yummy!

Rachel said...

yumm!!! Now don't you need to share???

Mikki said...

YUMO! I'm getting hungry just looking at this!!
Great job!

Pam said...

I don't think it is corny at all!! i am gonna go over to get some rubarb from grandma's patch and make this!!! thanks!!

McCrakensx4 said...

sounds yummy! thanks for the recipe!

Penny said...

YUUUMMM!!! I cannot wait to try this.

I am NOT stretching beforehand, which could be a problem! Thank you so much for your suggestions! And if the hip thing gets worse, I probably will go see a chiropractor.

Jenny Aust said...

Thanks for the great recipe! I am always on the look out for those! Thanks also for your words of encouragment. We don't hear those words enough, do we? Have a great day!

E @ Scottsville said...

OKay, I hate to cook, but love the picture of you. Don't you just look fabulous all cookin-in-the-kitchen! =0)

Anonymous said...

Your kitchen is so cute! Love the pictures.... and though I have NEVER (can you believe that) eaten Rhubarb... this makes me want to get some to make this yummy dish! Thanks for sharing this!!!